Franklin #2 Cabin
* 16x20 log cabin with loft.
* Log joints are insulated and caulked. Floor, gable walls and roof are insulated with high-density, closed-cell, spray-in soy/urethane foam (R-35 frame gables; R-40 floor, and R-50 roof)
* Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) to optimize air quality.
* 92 percent efficient Monitor oil heater with 200 gallon fuel tank.
* Triple-pane Low E, argon-filled windows, * Insulated fiberglass entry door.
* Hot/cold water to kitchen sink, supplied by 100 gallon water tank, pump/pressure tank, and water heater. Heat-traced and foam-insulated drain pipes.
* A water tank for renter's vehicle is provided to pick up water from Water Wagon or other water fill station. A water transfer pump and hose is provided to transfer water into the cabin's water storage tank.
* Full size appliances: Range/Oven, refrigerator, microwave and through-wall range ventilation hood.
* Most lights are LED.
* Laminate floor downstairs, carpet upstairs.
* Hickory kitchen cabinets and laminate countertops.
* Wood slat window blinds.
* Excellent cell phone reception. Land line and Internet available.
* Smoke/CO2 detectors and fire extinguishers.
* Electric back-up wall heater that comes on should cabin temperature drop to 50 degrees. (A useful feature should you forget to fill the oil tank.)
* Raised garden beds.
* Regularly pumped and cleaned outhouse septic tank.
* Private parking with winter plug-ins on timer.
* Located in a quiet, private neighborhood close to the University of Alaska Fairbanks, and adjacent to ski, bike, and dog trails.
* Snowplowing and hardpack removal provided. Cabins are close to a main road, and four-wheel drive is generally not needed, but helpful during snowstorms.
* Neighborhood is part of a Fire Service District and has EMS and police service.
* There is no shower or bath in this cabin.