Richard Berry Cabin
This cozy 20x20 log cabin is the only "dry" (no running water) cabin we offer. This cabin has double-pane windows, a large loft, and cedar deck, all nestled in birch trees on 8.4 acres of south-facing hillside with views of Ester Dome and Goldstream Valley.
The cabin is off Murphy Dome Road about a 17-minute drive from the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
While snow plowing is provided, a four-wheel drive vehicle will come in handy, especially in the winter.
The cabin shares the lot with the family owners of Goldstream Cabins, LLC, but has privacy and dedicated parking.
The neighborhood is a well-maintained subdivision with fire/police/EMS protection.
The cabin is close to a network of trails for biking, snowmachining, x-country skiing, dog mushing, hunting and hiking.
This cabin is reserved for non-smokers. No drugs and no pets allowed.
* 20x20 log cabin, with large loft, steel roof, and large cedar deck.
* Cabin is dry. No running water. Clean outhouse is provided. Free annual pumping of outhouse is provided
* Efficient Toyo oil heater on a 300 gallon tank.
* Cell, landline phone, and wireless Internet are available.
* Smoke detectors and fire extinguishers provided.
* Raised flower beds.
* Cedar deck.
* Modern appliances: range, refrigerator, and microwave.
* Birch kitchen cabinets and laminate countertops.
* Laminate floor downstairs and carpet upstairs.
* Parking is available with headbolt heater on a timer.
* Close to trails. Quiet, private neighborhood.
* Driveway is maintained year round. Snow plowing is included. Four wheel drive is still reccomended as cabin is located on a hill and we do get a good amount of snow and streets are not always plowed immediately following a storm.
* There is no shower or bath in this cabin.